You know how people say there’s no such thing as a magical vagina? They are so, so wrong! I’ve finally discovered the secret of the magic hoo-ha.
A universal turn-on for men is soft, smooth skin, especially in the … ahem … bikini area. While legs are fairly uncomplicated … shaving with a regular or electric razor, epilating and depilatories all work fairly well … the bikini area presents more of a challenge. All those nooks and crannies can be problematic.
Using depilatories is out because no way you want those toxic chemicals anywhere near the lady parts. (Nor in the water supply, for that matter.) Shaving leaves all that coarse stubble which is constantly irritated by the elastic on your panties causing chaffing, bumps, and in-grown hairs.
I’ve considered waxing, but … I dunno … the idea of having strangers all up in my … well, you know. Also, I understand it hurts like heck. So, I’ve limped along with shaving every morning in the shower, which was fine, but left a lot to be desired.
Until … ta DA! I discovered the magical power of sugaring. Which, while new to me, has apparently been around since the time of the Egyptians.
How Does Sugaring Work?
The beauty of sugaring is its simplicity.
- You cook sugar, lemon juice, and water together until it forms a thick-ish taffy-like substance. Or alternatively … you ruin three batches in a row and say heck with it all, and go and buy it on Amazon.
- You wait impatiently for the sugar to arrive in the mail, while watching a ton of YouTube videos. Grace Power has some good ones.
- You declare a spa night, where you wait until the kids are in bed and then lock yourself alone in the bathroom. (Bathrooms are such nice places to get away from everyone. So quiet and peaceful.)
(This, by the way, absolutely intrigues your husband. He will demand with increasing impatience to be let in to watch the action. You, of course, play completely hard to get so that he gets all riled up. Because you’re evil that way. Girl game, remember?)
- You emerge victorious! Soft, sleek, and smooth.
Is It Really That Easy?
I’m not going to lie to you. There’s a learning curve here. As my dentist told me when a brand new crown he applied fell off, “It’s ‘technique-sensitive’.” Meaning that if you don’t know what you’re doing, you’re going to mess it up at first.
But sugaring was strangely fascinating to practice. And once I got good at it, I actually started to enjoy it.
Does It Hurt?
Oh, hell yes! At least the sensitive parts. The legs were maybe a 2-3 on a scale of 1-10. The bikini area, on the other hand … oh. my. gosh! At least a 7.5 on the Richter scale. To the point of having to grit my teeth, and force myself to flick the sugar off. The first time or two, anyway.
But it hurt less with each subsequent time. And from what I understand, sugaring doesn’t hurt nearly as much as traditional waxing. Apparently, when you wax, a thin layer of skin comes off with the wax, causing pain and redness.
Sugaring only removes dead skin and hair, making it less painful.
How Are the Results?
The results are incredible! Those Egyptians really knew what they were doing. My skin was baby smooth. Smoother than I’ve ever felt before. To the point where I kept running my hands over it because it felt so good. And … my husband could not keep his hands off me. He absolutely loved it. Totally worth the effort.
Tips I Learned Along the Way
- Do small areas at a time, and when it hurts, stop and wait a day or two before you do more. That’s the best part of doing it yourself. You can go at your own pace.
- I used a numbing cream (prilocaine) I happened to have on hand when I did my bikini area. It made it much more bearable. (Caveat: Using prilocaine or lidocaine on large areas of skin at one time can be dangerous. Make sure to use it sparingly.)
- Avoid taking aspirin or Advil beforehand. They cause blood vessels to dilate, making bruising more likely. The first time I sugared, I was sore from a really tough work-out, and had taken a couple of Advil, which caused me to bruise slightly in a couple of areas.
Sugaring is strangely addictive. Once I got good at it, I sugared more and more of my body until I finally ran out of hair. Then I started badgering cajoling my husband to work on him. He’s such a hairy beast that he presents an endless landscape to work on.
I briefly considered taking up sugaring as an occupation … or at least doing it for friends and neighbors.
You know those long strips of fruit roll-ups and how fun it is to peel them off their backing? It’s kind of like that. So sugar at your own risk.
Okay, does sugaring really give you a magic vagina?
Yes. Yes, it does. Just ask my husband.
Usual Girl Game Disclaimer … if your husband is low T or a heavy porn user, and you’re in a low sex marriage, none of the Girl Game tips are going to work for you. In fact, they’re just going to frustrate you. You can’t game away a medical issue.
You need to click away before you go for someone’s jugular.
The Girl Game Series